Artist Who Influenced Susan
Susan continues to grow artistically by organising and attending workshops in watercolours, acrylics and photography. Often on her travels she will come across a particularly interesting workshop. Some of the more recent workshops she has attended include:
- Nicholas Pearce – March 2015 – Limited Palette
- Suzanne Northcott – Nov 2014 – Working Big
- Brian Buckrell – May 2014 – Fundamentals of En Plein Aire
- David Langevin – April 2014 – Mastering Acrylics
- Carey Anderson - October 2013 - Working Big
- Maureen Walker - August 2013 - Painting on Silk
- Mike Svob - April 2013 - Designing with Colour
- Janice Robertson - February 2013 - Intermediate Acrylics
- Donna Baspaly - October 2012 - Mixed Media
- Mark Hobson - April 2012
- Brian Buckrell - April 2011 & February 2012
- 'Art is your Business' with Ruth Payne — Marketing for the visual arts at Hollyhock on Cortes Island, 2008.
- Brian Simmons — Acrylic Workshop in Victoria, BC 2009
- Roger 'Mzungu' Moore — Digital Photographic Workshop at TOSH in Qualicum Beach where Susan learned how to 'make' a photograph, 2008
- Peggy Burksoky — west coast watercolours at TOSH in Qualicum Beach, 2008
- Ann Falconer Packham — realistic floral watercolours, Fort Qu'Appelle SK. 2007
- Ward Schell — several workshops on colour theory and application, Good Spirit Lake SK. 2006, 2007
- Elje Diegenhart — Susan's first experience in abstract art and so much fun, Melville SK. 2006
- Rolland Daum — acrylic workshop, where Susan learned to go beyond her comfort zone, Melville SK.
- Bonnie Deis — a fun class in water media, Melville SK.
- Susan Brooks — acrylic class that Susan attended in Hawaii — a wonderful experience — had to work fast as the paints dries quickly on the islands
- Beth Gaffney — watercolour, Fort Qu'Appelle SK.
- Myrna Gibbens — Susan's first introduction to watercolour — from that point she was hooked, Fort Qu'Appelle SK.
I love to organize artists' workshops. It gives me a chance to meet and greet artists, plus brings in those instructors from whom I am interested in learning. It gives everyone who attends a chance to share the same experience while learning something new. With any group of artists you are inspired by each other's creative energy.